Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Impressions of Japanese Class

It is very exciting to be studying Japanese in college.  I have traveled to Japan many times to visit my friends and study religion in Kyoto, so I am very motivated to take this course.  I hope that I can impress my friends with my language skills this coming summer.  Class is a lot of fun, though it is difficult to keep up with some of the daily vocabulary.  I am looking forward to learning kanji and more advanced forms of sentence structure so that I can send my friends a postcard telling them about my class.

4 comments:

  1. こんにちわ Magnus-さん!

    Wow! You have studied abroad in Japan? That is so かっこいい! Was it amazing? ! I hope to do so as well some day!

    Haha! I am already EXTREMELY impressed by your ability to write in Japanese (にほんご), based on all of your posts!

    Do you know some Kanji already?

    じゃあまたあした!

    (^ _ ^)/~~サヨナラ

    ReplyDelete
  2. こんばんわ Magnusさん!

    I basically had the same thing to say as Autumnあん、I'm so jealous of the fact that you've been to Japan so many times! I've wanted to go for years but my family always ended up traveling to other places instead. Well, I also haven't gone because I don't want to go until I can speak the language and get the full experience...but I'm so impatient for the day when I'm ready to see the land of the rising sun!

    I'm also very impressed with your writing skills/your ability to use some kanji. I'm kind of annoyed because I studied Chinese in middle school/part of high school, but none of my knowledge will come in handy now because I only learned simplified, and kanji is traditional. Have you had some training with Chinese characters before? Or is it just something you've picked up while overseas?

    じゃあまたあした!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, I meant to say Autumnさん、えも I typed it incorectly! すみません!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm not sure if I should be saying こんばんわ or おはよう, but anyway...HI!

    いち:わたしは am super jealous that you have been to にほん!(just like Bordnerさん and Hirschさん。 That definitely seems to be the crowd pleaser here =) Can you talk about にほん more in later posts? I'd love to hear more about it!

    に:The amount of かたかな and かんじ in your blog is quite intimidating!

    さようなら, Fergusonさん!

    ReplyDelete